Is carpet the best choice in flooring?
Some people claim that carpet is the best choice in flooring while others think there are better choices. The following are some advantages and disadvantages of carpeting for your home:
- Carpeting provides a soft, warm, and comfortable environment for living and dining rooms, bedrooms, and family rooms.
- Carpeting is a safe floor which allows a person to have firm footing and not slip on shiny floors or area rugs.
- Carpeting does not show everyday dust.
- Maintaining carpet flooring requires vacuuming at least weekly.
- Carpets should be shampooed or steam cleaned at least twice a year and more often if you have pets. You could decide to do it yourself and spot clean as needed but you should still have them professionally cleaned at least once per year. Steam cleaning cleans deep down into the fibres as well as eliminates smoke and orders from everyday living.
- Carpets absorb the dust particles, smoke, and odors. If you have lung problems, then you should not have carpets in your home.
- Carpet flooring will need replacement more often than tiled or wood floors.
All these are the advantages and disadvantages to decide whether you should have carpet flooring in your home or not. The cost of the material and labour for buying and installing carpeting will be almost the same price as having wood floors or laminate flooring installed. Therefore, price should not be your first consideration.